Not Affiliated with The United Methodist Church
Don Wildmon's Predictions Concerning Action to be Taken by the General
Conference Regarding the Dammann Case
To engage in a discussion of this matter, go to
TheMethodistChurch.com and use the
bulletin board. Please forward this page to all your United Methodist
Dr. Wildmon is a retired member of the Mississippi Conference and correctly
predicted the outcome of the Bishop Sprague and Rev. Dammann situations. Contact
- The General Conference will not take any action which will overturn the
not guilty finding. Maybe a statement saying we are disappointed or some
similar pronouncement. But there will be no action of any real substance.
One possible action would be a committee to discuss the situation.
- The General Conference will maintain the current language regarding
homosexuality, possibly by a larger margin than in the past.
- There will probably be some demonstrations by homosexual activists
including some retired UM bishops, possibly ending with the arrests of some
- The General Conference will vote to continue discussions concerning
homosexuality and what the response of the Church should be. This despite
nearly 30 years of discussions. Those favoring the relaxing of the rules
know that as long as discussions continue, the better their chances of
- There will be an appeal to individual United Methodists and local
churches for continued financial support.
Copyright © 2003,
You are subscribed to themethodistchurch as email@example.com.
To unsubscribe, send a blank email to:
c/o American Family Association
107 Parkgate Dr.
Tupelo, MS 38803