New Laws Passed Supporting Traditional Marriage Overlooked By UM Pro-homosexuality News Bias
From: Toinpenn@aol.com [mailto:Toinpenn@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 11:40 AM
Subject: Pastor John
Hi Brother John,
Thought you might like a copy of a letter I sent to UMC News Service . I asked them why there was no article about petition 40369 approved at GC2004 that defines marriage. "We support laws in civil society that define marriage as the union of one man and one woman". I'll keep you posted if i get an answer.
Thanks for your reply. I checked UMC News articles and still could not find The News Service article that mentioned the petition dealing with "We support laws in civil society that define marriage as the union of one man and one woman". If you know the date & heading, please let me know.
I am concerned at the headlines which UMC News editors find newsworthy. Which News article would help to make disciples for Jesus Christ and edify the body of Christ in the United Methodist Church more?
1) A News article that states UMC is the first mainline Protestant denomination in the U.S.
to define marriage as the union of one man and one woman
2) A News article about gay-rights demonstration dominate assembly
3) A News article about Conservatives consider ‘separation’ of United Methodist Church
4) A News article about Gay rights group stages ‘peaceful interruption’ at General Conference
5) A News article about General Conference urges caution on White House’s faith-based agenda
6) A News article about Delegates retain stance on homosexual issues while demonstrators express beliefs
7) A News article about Delegates affirm stance against ordaining practicing homosexuals
8) A News article about Delegates retain church’s homosexuality stance
9) A News article about Group holds silent demonstration for inclusion of homosexuals
10) A News article about United Methodists join boycott of Taco Bell
Even if it is not a goal of the UMC News Service to make disciples for Jesus Christ and edify the body of Christ in the United Methodist Church , I am shocked that the News Service didn't have an article dealing with the petition to define marriage since it is one of the most hotly debated items facing our society today. Do the editors have a reason to hide this ?
<Back to News